Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finally...Gratification

So, after one hellish summer of working at The Radisson...I got some gratification! 

We will be renaming and revamping the menu at the restaurant so we had a menu tasting planned for this coming Friday. I found out yesterday that the tasting was today and with no more than 2 or 3 small things left to do on our prep list we had to practically start again prepping all 6 new desserts. 

Today I came in and none of the bread formulas were around and we had no standards to base our dessert plating on...

Oh and sidenote...our chef is on vacation for the week...awesome

So...long story short, after many frantic phone calls to my chef, getting bitched at by another chef for not being prepared, and getting stretched to my limit...we bang out this menu tasting!

I came up with every plate design myself and was highly complimented by not only the executive chefs but by the director of Intern Properties at the university!!...and the executive chef apologized for being such a dick =)

I'm amazing.... it's ok.... you don't have to keep saying it!!

I would also like to thank my fellow TA's in the bakeshop...they're amazing as well =)

*Pictures will be posted when I get them.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

WAY TO ROCK IT!!!! :-D

Bill said...

WOOHOO!!

Great job Sis!!